Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Thrift - Lucite Creamer & Sugar






First, I have to apologize for the terrible photo. Today's finds are from my two local thrift stores.

Hiding in the back is a museum-grade acid free archival box with metal corners for large format negatives, photos or storage, impressed Hollinger Corporation, Fredericksburg VA 22401 and still in business today! For my collection a large Hanson postage scale from 1968. Interestingly, it has an older postage rate sticker underneath. Blue Delft crocus pot, handpainted in Holland.

Three adorable Pyrex "Summer Impressions" in Honeydew (light green) mugs SOLD. IDing thanks to www.pyrexlove.com. Pair of children books "Small Pig" by Arnold Lobel 1969 and "The Stupids Step Out" by Harry Allard 1974.



Stack of mint condition pastel colored party trays by Colonial Plastics of Cleveland, Ohio. I already have two that I've been using as drawer organizers. Plus a white book holder from England (a have a dark blue one that I found at the same thrift a year ago) SOLD

This is probably one of the oddest things I've found thrifting. From the old biddy store came this Plexiglass / Lucite creamer & sugar with tray. It reminds me of the 1980's Post Modern Memphis style. It has that handmade quality to it but I haven't found any information. Plus, it couldn't have been easy to make with all those parts for assemble. SOLD


No comments:

Post a Comment