Sunday, July 17, 2011

Thrift - Seeing Red!



Was out my doctor's way so I decided to stop at a couple of local thrift stores. At the first thrift, I found the never-used red Dansk piaya pan designed by JHQ. This is a later pan because of the handle design and it's made in Indonesia. There is a chip to the interior enamel you can bet that happened at the thrift and might be a deal breaker for resale plus it's not Kobenstyle. New Zealand plastic canister with red top and scoop for myself. There were two but sadly one had a crack. Red pitcher marked Copco SOLD. Passed on two more red enamel pans that were unmarked and overpriced.

At this particular GoodWill I'm always finding Hellerware. Set of tomato red plates, a color I've haven't seen before. Another rainbow mug from FTD.

Stopped by a dead estate sale too. Wow! Was it overpriced! Everything was mostly contemporary and ornate. Did pick up 14 vintage knee hugger elves SOLD. Blue German Rosenthal vase by Bjorn Winblad. For Sale. I need to work on my bargaining skills 'cause they suck.

1 comment: