Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Thrift - Chemex

Thrift stores seem really empty of goods maybe because people are busy with summer vacations. Still I managed to find a few things that are decent. Cartoon puzzle for myself. I often like to do these and then return them to the thrift store.

Jacksons of Piccadilly Tea tin. Replica of a early Victorian tea caddy. Another white lotus bowl (I keep telling myself, I'm going to sell the vast collection and I'm not hoarding)

Berggrens Swedish style "The second day of Christmas" tile with felt back and hook. SOLD

The largest 10 cup Chemex coffee decanter. Missing wood collar but a new replacement can be ordered through the Chemex website. This well designed flask is in the permanent collection of the MOMA and Smithsonian. Invented and designed by German Chemist Peter Schlumbohm in 1941 this apparatus is supposed to brew coffee without any bitterness.

Found another display cabinet (the other is gold) These are actually made to fit between the studs of your wall. All you have to do is cut out a hole in your drywall between the studs and fit the cabinet into the space. You don't even have to finish the drywall because the cabinet frame will cover the unfinished edges. SOLD.

A large tin recipe box by J. Chen. I have a few of their lithographed tins with all the history in a previous post. Circa 1970's. Made in the USA. Little clothes pin Scottish cleaning woman for my wood figure collection. Large set of really nice good quality wood handle fondue forks made in Japan.

No comments:

Post a Comment