Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Reference - Haba Horse



Found this wood Haba horse with metal tag to chest, unable to find any info myself, I decided to email Haba. Below is their response.

It was not that easy to find some information about it because this item does not exist in our system any more.

Our designer, who has been working for HABA since 1975, could help me:


This horse was drawn in 1971 by our designer Wolfgang Reichel from Coburg and it was shown in our HABA catalog in 1972 for the first time. We had 2 different horses: one with a length of 16 cm (item #1200) and another one with 19 cm (item #1270). This horse has been produced until 1978. As far as we know right now, the company has fixed the small tin-plate signs with the angel (named after a former employee of the company Anton Engel) until 1975. Consequentially, this horse has been produced between 1972 and 1974.

Attached I send you a picture from our catalog 1972.


My thanks to Silke and Tina for all their efforts


4 comments:

  1. Great post! I love it when information comes straight from the source.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous! I have only encountered great help whenever I try to find info for a product! Isn't it amazing? Thank you for sharing your findings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent! Thanks for sharing this with us. Really great info.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love to hear stories about great customer service and this is a good one. and a great find.

    ReplyDelete