Saturday, February 19, 2011

Thrift & Estate: Yellow Homer Laughlin Plate


























1958 Bryce Brothers Company Catalog 
While I didn't make any estates sales this weekend, unless going to one that is actually next weekend counts, oops. I did pick up two things at my new fave thrift on the drive home. A 9" Sunshine yellow Homer Laughlin "Rivera" plate. Prod. 1938-48. My plate has recent chips to the underside rim. The fluid Art Deco lines were designed by Fredrick Rhead (best known for Fiesta ware.) Originally, a five & dime store (Woolworth) mix & match line, mint pieces are difficult to find because they are so easily damaged. The Ohio Valley Pottery is still in business today. My other thrift find was a Pyrex bowl "Early American Gold" with missing lid. Prod. 1961. This is one of my favorite Pyrex patterns. I already have three pieces in my collection.

Fortunately, Mom found lots of cools things at an estate sale. Another, Ohio Valley Pottery by Hall China, a "Royal Rose" Casserole. Circa 1940's. A "Trina" Faux Agate Plastic "Point of View" Mirror for my sister. Deco styled from 1972-4. Made in Japan. Very heavy & solid & in mint condition. Stainless Steel Footed Server with Ladle. The ladles are hard to find. Made in Denmark. 1960-70's.

Hand Blown Blue-Green Smoke Chimney Bud Vase. I suspect this is a Italian Murano seconds because it has an un-ground pontil & slants to the side. The color is more Scan though? Nice and heavy but can't find any examples. SOLD

Pair of Rosewood, Brass Rivets & Stainless Steel Servers. Shows wear. Made in Japan. 1960's. SOLD

Four clear glass salad plates. One is Arcococ "Canterbury." Also an Anchor Hocking storage jar with rubber sealed wood lid.

And last, five Bryce Glass "El Rancho" in pink (see above.) Produced 1955-66. These have the palest of a pink tint & will enhance the color of drinks. SOLD

No comments:

Post a Comment