Sunday, April 10, 2011

Estate - Danish Hundevad China Cabinet

Returned to the 1970's modern townhouse for the last day of the sale when everything was 1/2 off. While I was deciding if I wanted to buy a $325 teak bookcase/credenza unit (same as the Rosewood but with bookshelves on top instead of the glass doors plus a book shelf at each side) someone else bought it. I'm still kicking myself over this. It would have been perfect to replace the hubby's crappy mismatched Staples bookcases and shabby Home Depot white cabinets.

I did purchase a 1970-early 80's Rosewood Hundevad china cabinet. This is a top quality solidly crafted piece. Smooth rosewood veneer and solid beech interior and secondary wood. Thanks to Mom & hubby for moving it. I've already filled it with my goodies.


Ernest Sohn (I've been finding a few things by him lately) signed Siamese teak cocktail board with magnetic knife on side. It's rare to find the knife & cocktail set intact. Mid century ceramic cigarette or trinket box. Made in Italy.

No comments:

Post a Comment