Sunday, October 23, 2011

Estate - Dansk Acorn Box



Couldn't force myself to go to any estate sales this weekend (though, I think, I missed a good vintage clothes sale) I did manage to drag myself down the road to one on the last day. The house was pretty well cleaned out. Passed on a set of white textured Bjorn Wiinblad Rosenthal tea cups, dinner plates and serving bowls & plates ect for $115.

The Bjorn Wiinblad 'Josephine' tile in the background was by no means a bargain and I have been unable to find examples online. However, on the back of the tile is a write up dated December 1989 of the Hotel Anatole in Dallas and the various works by Wiinblad residing there. SOLD

The IHQ Dansk teak acorn box is rare but has condition issues. SOLD. Little teak elephant. SOLD

Matryoshka Russian doll candlestick toothpick holder. Large glass bowl with leaf design. Found 3 or 4 small ones at the thrift store ages ago. I have yet to discover the maker which drives me nuts. Pair of Dansk iron and brass candlesticks. The droopy dog bank is marked 'My Toy Inc. 1971" SOLD

No comments:

Post a Comment