Saturday, March 26, 2011

Estate: Fornasetti Poster

This was listed as an estate sale but there where only two rooms barely filled with items. Should have NOT been listed as an estate sale. Fortunately, it was very close to home. Only thing that struck my fancy was this large "Fornasetti, Designer of Dreams" poster of string instruments. Priced at $18, I wasn't that crazy about it even thought it was professionally framed. I returned the following day for the 50% off sale. After my pitiful failed attempt at bargaining I paid $9 & left. Now if I can only get the hubbie to hang it?

Piero Fornasetti was a 1950's Milanese decorator that often worked with the famed Italian architect & designer Gio Ponti (Domus magazine) No doubt your familiar with Forn. designs as his works had a revival with Victoria & Albert Museum London exhibition in 1991. The book can be purchased. Patrick Mauriès, Fornasetti Designer of Dreams, London.

www.fornasetti.com/en/

No comments:

Post a Comment