Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Thrift: Boda Snowball Fight



You snooze you loose. Saw this for weeks at my old biddie thrift store & looked at it everytime I went.  I thought it might be something because it was the size of a large snowball. One day, I decided to look it up online. Found out it was the large Snowball Votive designed in 1973 by Ann Warff for Kosta Boda, Sweden. Went back the next day and it was gone... guess 'cause it was so close to Christmas someone decided to buy it. Missed a Boda piece for 2 bucks, so sad.

From my favorite thrift picked up a Pinocchio ornament, signed "Italy 1992." Matches bright red enameled Pinocchio pencil cup found the same day at HomeGoods. Signed "Garanzia, Italy." Got one for my mother-in-law too, since she's a primary teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment