Sunday, December 12, 2010

Estate: Stig Lindberg "Spisa Ribb" & Edna Arnow Pottery


This is one of those estate sales you find two or three times a year! It was a Friday, lightly snowing & a bit out in the suburbs, so maybe that's why so few people showed up? I didn't even see dealers? I was looking for Stig Lindberg's dish set I'd seen in the advert. And it was still there! Yikes with a big price tag! 1955 Gustavsberg of Sweden, "Spisa Ribb" dish set, by Swedens most famous designer Stig Lindberg. eight cups & saucers, four open sugar bowls/dessert bowls, eight extra saucers, thirteen 10" dinner plates, ten 8" Salad/Breakfast plates (one has chip under rim), ten 6.5" Bread & Butter/dessert plates. SOLD OUT except for 1 saucer.

Also Rescued another 1960's Couroc of California large tray. I don't see word trays often. SOLD

Trio Danish stainless steel servers with Rosewood handles. Usually the lid is missing. Probably by Lundtofte. SOLD



1960's Hand-Blown Italian Glass Goblets by Artisian Carlo Moretti. Set of 8 Smoke Cased White Goblets & 5 Cordials
Returned to the sale with my mom on the last day when everything was 50% off. Unfortunately, I was rushed for a lunch appointment & had to dash through the house. I missed a box full of lovely vintage Valentine cards in unused mint condition, 1920-50's. What was I thinking? I also had to pass on 4 cute yellow enamelled wood chairs, a bright pinky red enamelled danish chair & bright red roller work chair from Denmark. The estate seller didn't want to come down in price. I didn't think, I could make money reselling them since the condition wasn't the best on the enamel no matter how adorable, sad face.

Mom picked up a cool mid century walnut lamp table combo. I'll try & get a photo.

Recieved this leaflet on my return visit came with Stig Lindberg's "Spisa Ribb" dish set. The estate lady saved it for me as she thought I might return. She told me I missed the "Terma" black dishes pictured in the leaflet, though, I don't remember seeing them?

Large glazed "Ribbon" ceramic container for wheat flour & smaller for wheat germ. Made in Denmark by Knabstrup Keramics. Circa 1970's.

Boxed Dansk Green Glass Stackable Candleholders designed by Jens Quistgaard 1960's. Price tag says: "Kaufmann's Dept. Store $6.95." According to the inflation calculator that's $55 in todays money. An interesting note, a lover of International Style, Kaufmann commissioned Frank Lloyd Wright to build "Falling Water" in Virginia and Richard Nuetra for the "Kaufmann House" in Palm Springs.

IronWood Wok with wood handles. Very heavy. Large Pop Yellow Dansk Clover Mixing Bowl designed by Gunnar Cyren. Circa 1970's. Thanks to Mom for snagging them. SOLD

Saw this the first day, liked the shape but because I'm unfamiliar with pottery, decided to pass. Well, luck would have it, when I returned, there it still stood, and half off. By far, my fave find of the weekend & my second piece of pottery (Lisa Larson "Lion" was first.) Think I paid $8 or $6 for it? Large "Edna Arnow" art pottery. 9"dia x 8"H. Upside-down drip glaze. Turns out she was an established 1950's Chicago artist.

No comments:

Post a Comment