Saturday, April 28, 2012

Thrift - A Desperate Buy

Had a lovely lunch with my sis-in-law and before visiting my mom, I stopped at a crappy doo doo moving sale. Then onto GoodW, where desperate to find something, I picked up this Figgjo, Norway Horn mug.

Bombed at another thrift and decided to visit Unique. I know, people love this store but I have never found anything; shelves are always empty, prices are high and crowds are looming. I left a chipped Rosenthal, Emilio Pucci bud vase. A lovely large incised grey & gold pedestal pottery bowl made in Italy (probably Raymor) but it had a decent thrift chip to base but it wasn't so bad that... I wish had picked it up. It's color and design similar to the picture at the bottom.

What I did find were three Rosenthal Studio Linie "Joy 3" Op-Art cups and saucers by Wolf Karnagel SOLD. Circa 1969-73. Didn't get the matching side plates that I now regret.



No comments:

Post a Comment