Friday, October 12, 2012

Estate - Online Bidding



Is the growing trend with estate sales to sell online instead have having an open house/estate sale? I have always passed on these sales because I prefer the thrill of the hunt and actually being able to see the items condition. But this on particular sale I noticed a Finel bowl for sale so I decided to go for it.

Can I say I'm a fan of online sales? Not so much. One French mug(not pictured) had a chipped rim that wasn't mentioned in the description-worthless and I didn't even receive one of the items (a hand-blown bottle see below) though the auctioneer found that another buyer had it. Credit him for tracking it down but I never got a refund or the bottle! Finel bowl has chip to base also not mentioned. There was a failed attempt to bid on an item for the sis-don't know what the hell happened. Striped glasses color stripes are all faded also not mentioned in description.

In my opinion, the whole thing seems like a waste of time for the seller; one to photograph all the items (none of them valuable) pay a host site ect.


1 comment:

  1. Being the first one to yell "Bingo!" is all what is very important. The trends of playing the game might have changed and the electronic bingo and online bingo has replaced the traditional methods of playing the bingo game, nevertheless the excitement remains the game.

    ReplyDelete